shabby background

Wednesday 29 December 2010

So Here It Is... Well It Is Amost the New Year

It's almost time to get back to normal. Today I have been having a chores day, pottering up and down the high street looking in part for inspiration and in part doing jobs for my grandmother, the pre-school, my husband... I think that you can see how it's going.

So half way round Netto (I know the glamour!) I decided that what I needed was more speed food (yes I am slightly addicted and obsessed by Slimming World again at the moment. Although I do refuse to talk about it offline unless I'm in class). Of course me being the strange soul that I am was obviously lead to my Nearly Soba Noodle Bowl for lunch. So quick and tasty, takes as long to cook as it does to boil up a pan of wholemeal spaghetti (for me it must be wholemeal as the white stuff isn't as tasty and you need that nutty edge that it gives you).

So here I introduced my

Nearly Soba Noodle Bowl


500g Wholemeal Spaghetti
1 bag of stir fry veggies
2-4 cloves garlic, crushed
1.5-2 pints bovril chicken stock
1/2 cup tamari sauce (aged soy sauce, but any will do)
1tbsp ground coriander
1/2 tbsp ground cumin
pinch cayenne pepper

Quickly stir fry the veggies in fry light, add the garlic, coriander and cumin. Pour over the chicken stock and soy. cook until the veggies are tender.
Boil Spaghetti.

To serve, put some spaghetti in the bottom of a bowl and cover with the chinese veggie soup.

N.B. You can add extra protein in here too, on the one I made today I added in some pre-cooked king prawns, chicken breast also works well.


optional extra

Noodle crunch (total 8.5 syns, a good size single sprinkling about 2 syns)

28g tbsp sesame seeds
1 tbsp ground coriander
1 tsp ground cumin
pinch cayenne pepper

in a dry frying pan toast the sesame seeds when golden and fragrant turn the heat off and add the spices, toss in the pan until combined and put in a airtight container. Will last about a month (unless you're as addicted to the crunch as I am!)

No comments:

Post a Comment