shabby background

Monday 11 April 2011

Bright and Sunny

It's been fabulously sunny here in the Princess Garden, my lawn is trimmed, my new bushes are sprouting leaves, and I have a little greenhouse with it's first inhabitants. It's all rather exciting.

As I type this we are having a couple of April showers which I fully welcome as we needed to freshen up a bit.

Why is the sun such a powerful drug? People seem happier, moods are brighter, being outside seems a better option to couching in front of the television. Inhibitions drop and generally the world seems a better place to live. 

Often short lived, we need to remember it is still only April. A month of beginnings, it kicks off with April Fools Day, the echo of the Cuckoo returns to the trees until mid June when it flies off to other climes. Easter is late this year, just after my Wedding Anniversary (8 years and still counting), swiftly followed by the Royal Wedding and May Day. This month is all about new beginnings, folklore speaks of April fondly:

April shower bring May flowers

If early April is foggy
Rain in June
Makes fields boggy.

When April blows it's horn
'Tis good for hay and corn.

April wet - good wheat.

Till April dead, change not a thread.

I look forward to summer this year, spending time with the LBs kicking about in the garden, visiting local beaches and duck ponds. Lots of picnics and crafts. This week we are going to be decorating their Easter 'bonnets'. So it could be interesting to say the least.

I also have a new baking obsession evolving. Quiet by accident I discovered this book on Amazon and then her fantastically cute and gorgeous candy coloured blog bakerella I just adore it and can't wait to try out some of the cakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment