shabby background

Friday 20 August 2010

Birthdays Come and Go, But I Miss You All The Same

Today would have been my mother's 59th birthday. It's just a shame that she barely made it past her 50th before she died. I can't believe that it has almost been 9 years since she left this realm. It still hurts the same everyday. I'm sure I'm never going to really get past the hole that was left.

I look at my boys and can't believe that she's never seen them or that they never saw her. They don't know the one person that was my whole life that I silently shed tears for on an almost daily basis still. They don't know the pain I feel when I look at them and know that they have this Granny shaped hole.

Sleep has escaped me tonight, which is a shock considering the 11 hour shift I did today, but I could do with a drink, it's a shame that in 4 hours I'll be going grocery shopping.

Boring post I know but hey, life isn't always fun.  x

1 comment:

  1. I know this is an old post, but I just wanted to let you know that this is a beautiful post. "Granny-shaped hole" -- that breaks my heart. I cannot imagine my children never meeting my mother and I know that must be hard.

    Sending American smiles and sweet potatoes with marshmallow topping to you through the virtual world. ;)

    ReplyDelete