shabby background

Tuesday 24 August 2010

Blogs and Books #1

So here I ramble into the realm of Book Reviews.

I know that The Lost Symbol has been out for a while, but my book pile is immense and many of the tomes I will talk about on here are exceedingly old. I have a habit of buying books that I like the look of then not reading until I hit a momentary time in life that sort of reflects it... Hence Oliver Twist has stayed on the shelf for over a decade!


Anyway I finally finished reading Dan Brown's The Lost Symbol last night, took longer than I expected I had read his other offering in 2 days and this one took me 5 nights. After he stopped recanting the past and checking each character back to the same point in time and hammering home the same piece of information the book gathered pace at a fantastical rate.


Following Langdon as he attempts along with another female sidekick to solve a long standing Masonic mystery before his good friend and mentor (oh and head honcho mason to boot) Peter Solomon is killed by a man looking for revenge against the Soloman family.

Overall the book appears to be an advert for The Secret and The Laws of Attraction. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing but also not a good selling point.




So today I have begun reading Eat, Pray, Love which has just been released as a film with Julia Roberts. So just in case I get to the cinema to see it (yeah right!) or maybe before I can buy it on DVD I thought I best read it. I have seen an interview with the author Elizabeth Gilbert on Oprah some time ago which encouraged me to buy the book, and so it has been sat on my pile for a few months.

No comments:

Post a Comment