shabby background

Thursday 19 August 2010

Thanks To The World's Technology Geeks For YouTube

I've been utilitising the joys of YouTube of  late... Especially feeding my lust of Tim Minchin


He's on tour in December, but alas due to my dodgy hours at my day job in the Christmas months I don't think I'll manage to get there, but I'm working on softening up the hubster for a trip to Nottingham (fingers crossed I might be able to wing it!)

Last night I watched Rock'n'Roll Nerd, which is a documentary that follows Tim as he rises through the comedy ranks from unknown wannabe to conquering the Edinburgh Festival and through to the birth of his daughter. An emotional roller coaster for me at least, was blubbing like a fool! Not usually one of my characteristics.

So now I'm looking for a bit of a reinvention. Just where to start!

I'm also remembering my days hanging out and performing in the comedy clubs of Bristol. I miss them days so much, so far removed from the life I have now as a married mother to 2 boys (3 and 4) and 3 other jobs. I miss the noise, the laughter and camaraderie (oh and the alcohol fuelled nights) but those are no longer and I need to work out my place in the scheme of things once more.

No comments:

Post a Comment