shabby background

Saturday 12 March 2011

I can’t believe that I have let a whole month go without writing a single blog... oops! Anyway, I’m still working on Project Glitter & Sparkle

This week though I'm mainly excited by the idea of Bento. Which is roughly the Japanese term for packed lunch. With having 2 boys who have pack ups most days for school and a job which means over 2 shifts I eat breakfast, lunch and tea there so the art of the lunch box is close to my heart. http://www.wikihow.com/Make-Bento

The picture on the left is one I found on the blog http://bentobird.blogspot.com/ a lovely little blog that I'm sure everyone will enjoy.







I have just ordered a plain bento style lunch box online (see right) and eagerly awaits it's arrival from Hong Kong. Once I have mastered the art I have my heart set on a slightly more flashy set up.

A fab girl bento



 
Cherry Red slightly swisher affair
I also have an urge to decorate my rice balls and children's sandwiches using these handy cutters! I know little things and little minds! But an effect like this just looks too cute!

So watch this space, I will post what I make soon x

2 comments:

  1. Hello and thanks for linking to my blog in your post! Bento is such wonderful creative fun...hope you'll jump in and enjoy (great bento items you've ordered)!
    Best wishes ^^ Bentobird

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pictures are just so pretty, the Hubster thinks I've gone a bit mental though.

    ReplyDelete