shabby background

Wednesday 7 August 2013

Day 15, 16 & 17: Oh Heck!

Phew this week is just running away with me.

I'm back to the office this afternoon (Wednesday) and have a front room with four kids all playing on DSs. That is not the best thing for them, but hey they're quiet and I've been able to clean the kitchen and the front room while they've been Pokemoning or whatever it is they're playing on.

So, what have we done this week?

Monday - a few of us (8 kids and 4 adults) completed a mystery trail around Bumpkinsville. I think that towards the end the grown ups enjoyed it more than the kids, but it stayed nice and dry and killed a good three and a bit hours and even wore the bounciest of the children out! Result!

Tuesday - I took my boys to a local institution we call tea and toast (although I drink coffee and rarely touch the toast!). It's a coffee morning held in a Methodist Church in town. The boys got the chance to play with some friends that they haven't seen in a long time. Straight after we headed over to the park (we do have 2, but one is closed at the moment as they are doing some building works at the flood defences).

It was a fun afternoon, the kids played and us adults were left holding the picnics. I can't believe just how quickly four hours passed yesterday. By the evening I was poop-deck pappied!

Now we move onto today a.k.a. Wednesday - Not a lot is planned for today, and even less for tomorrow.
After blitzing the house before the babysitter gets here, I'm just sat here with a black coffee counting down to lunchtime. I think I'm going to get the boys to all make a pizza for lunch. I say pizza, they can put some toppings on a tortilla wrap - I'm just too nice! I have a bowl of soup just sat waiting for me in the fridge and some olive bread.

Now for a quick confession... After a long(ish) break I've been wooed back into the Graze box fold. I know, shocking isn't it. I'm actually looking forward to mine arriving today, and hopefully it will get here before I have to leave for work. 

No comments:

Post a Comment