shabby background

Wednesday 24 July 2013

Day 3:Think I'm Going Crazier

It's the Summer Holidays. It's only Day 3. Today I have hit crazy.

After seeing the weather report for the coast earlier, we decided against going to Bridlington. Instead we stayed home.

The Brothers Thing did what the Brothers Thing do - namely wind me and Mr C up.

Today had one thing in its favour, I don't have to be at work until midnight tonight. Yes, that is the one thing this little old Wednesday can boast, no late shift for BeeBee.

So what did I do instead? This morning in the interest of what I am referring to as #rocknrollparenting I attempted to plan meals for the next week and a half (give or take). This comprised of looking at a couple of recipe books then stalking @pintrest boards, I then came to conclusion that I have a slight chicken addiction.

About the one thing I saw that wasn't chicken based and that I wanted was a Tomato & Cucumber Salad that had a similar dressing to one the Blue Meanie used to use on a green salad back in the 80s. Got to love a secret ingredient... now just how secret is a secret when you have a recipe blog?

Back to the meal planning, Thing 2 has decided in his wisdom he really wants beef pie... proper beef he says, but not chunks. Is that mince or not? I do know he will let me use gravy, which is a bonus for a good pie. Thing 1 seems to think I am unable to cook a Sunday Lunch or make my own Yorkshire Puddings. Short memory these kids, I can make a Sunday Lunch - I just choose not to as they tend not to eat mine as they're not the same as Nana's.

Phase 2 of my #rocknrollparenting comprised of cleaning the kitchen! I know how to live don't I? Erm... the jury is out on that one. At least I now have a presentable kitchen. Just the bathrooms and the patio to go. Anyone got a bomb or at least a flame thrower?



No comments:

Post a Comment